Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Sunday 1 December 2013

Vintage Ebonite Pen

Large Vintage Indain Ebonite Pen :  updated 8th Dec 2013.
 
This pen had been received in excellent working condition and I wanted to write about it. Today I finally took a writing test, it is an excellent feeling to write with this pen. However, I must admit, it took a while for me to get used to the relatively wider section pen and take full control. This is an excellent writer and an excellent looker.
 however , once again I spent quite sometime to figure out the make and model of this pen by searching for a similar one in FPN. I found the nearest match in a  Wilson pen of those days, in which there is the Wilson logo stamped on the clip and the nib- while this one has none. I have read that many pen makers were making these parker duofold inspired ebonite pens those days including famous brands like Mhatre, Sapre, Gama etc. However there seems to be no way ofestablishing the brand identity of this particular pen. So, a handsome no-brand Indian ebonite pen , from days 55 or so years back. below pasted a writing sample using this pen.
 
 
  
 
 01 Dec 2013
Today I received 30 Indian vintage pens from a Pune based Collector , Dr Madhav Paranjape, for Rs 2500/-. This flat top thick Ebonite pen  is from that set. Incidentally , this is the first ebonite pen in our collection. This pen is eyedropper filled and well over 50 years of age. Excellently preserved.
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment