Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Thursday 12 December 2013

Safe Storing of the Pens

Pen storage is an important part of pen collection, but mostly neglected. my father had some 150 good pens of those days. All of these disappeared over the course of time- I would say mainly
because these were never kept in a dedicated storage place. Loosely kept here and there , all of them disappeared.
 
That said, another truth is that, low budget collector like myself would barely cough up the money for the pen itself, but as for the storage, it is a no no. Most of my pens are kept in the 48-pen Wallets made of faux leather as shown below, sourced from e-bay for around $ 30/- each. Though logically each of these is cost equivalent of two to three of my average pens, - every time I have actually purchased one there has been a long debate session within myself.
 
Recently, I took one of these to a local Bag-maker for a sample, this guy has agreed to make same ones for Rs. 400/- each. I have to actually see how is the quality, praying for now, at least let these be functional !
 
All other storage arrangements I checked over the internet , belong to the luxary end and are much more expensive. Some people have advised me to contact the people who manufacture Jewellery boxes in Bowbazar Kolkata and get some custom made. Somehow I have not yet walked up to those shops.!!

 
The Right Flap
 
The left Flap


 
                                          The Full View  with the separator and closed view.



 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment