Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Sunday 8 December 2013

Four Vintage pens bought at Kokata yesterday.

I had paid a visit to Esplanade area to an old pen shop and  got these vintage pens for a total of Rs 2600/-, total Rs 2000/- for the two Pilot pens on top and Rs 600/- for the bottom two pens, one is a Senator and other is a Reynolds. All these pens are in excellent condition, and I was told these are from 1955 to 1960's time. For these pilots I could not get any reference to the model number but for the other two , did find a sketchy mention in FPN. However, the model numbers are not available. All these pens write very well. The top pilot pen has different colour section and barrel- I was told by the seller that this is how it was marketed those day, this is not a random mixing. The Senator pen shown in the top of the second photo, looks exactly same as the Pieere Cardin Kriss new pen I have detailed just a few days back- in FPN records I found an old transaction where an exact same pen was sold for $ 30/-. However the Senator experts advised that this one is not a true Senator as there are no model of Senator looking like this, to them it looks more like Chinese replica. My question remains- replica of which model-did Montblanc have a similar model, because the section looks Montblanc cloned. The Reynolds pen has a beautiful gold nib bearing the company logo, but again no model number any where- however one except description is sighted in FPN.  The two pens in the second photo came fitted with ink cartridges- I have fitted standard Jinhao converters from my stock. All these pens write well, in due course I would upload sample handwriting photos. Present job at hand is to positively ID these pens. If anyone knows, please let me also know.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment