Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Monday 30 December 2013

Sedona Chrome Kit with Hex-Section body.


Sedona Chrome  Kit with Hex-Section body.
 

 
 










My first pen on Sedona kit, this is a fine looking economy kit. I like the rounded ends.

The wood is from machinery packing crates, soft whitish in colour-I like the grain contrast in this wood.
Relatively easy wood for shaping by sanding and I tried to incorporate a twist in the hex shape. The only
difficulty with this soft wood is that sanding grit tends to embed in the wood and gradually darken up the wood colour, had to be careful about wiping between the grits.

However, once two coats of CA is dried on the wood, the wood colour becomes stable.

Finished with 5 coats of CA and hand polish using all eight grits of micromesh stick, finally soft cloth and waxpol liquid polish.
 

I am happy with the outcome. Curious to receive viewers' comments.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment