Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Tuesday 31 December 2013

Goodbye 2013 - My fisrt segmented pen!

Goodbye 2013 - My fisrt segmented pen!
 
 
This is my first attempt at simple segmentation on an economy kit called Big Ben, and the the wood is leftover from the last two weeks work on various pens.
 
 
 
There are small mismatches at the hardware and wood joins, admit I did not use measurements and tried eye estimation- now there is no way to repair.
 
 



 
This pen is made using a local CA called FeviQuick, which is very thin and fast drying, took me some time to get used to. Earlier all along I have used Pen Makers' CA from PSI.
 
The barrel shape is Hex-section as usual as I do not have a lathe at present. Ends are slightly rounded.

I am generally happy with the result. Wonder how viewers would like it.
 
Thanks for viewing this experiment , and , A very happy and prosperous now year to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment