Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Friday 12 February 2016

Cap repair- hero and Huashilai

Cap repair : Huashilai and Hero.
HI, I had two Chinese pens one Huasilai and one Hero, do not remember the exact model. These
other wise fine writers had metal caps with excellent decoration plating.
Do not know how this happened but the plating was damaged possibly in contact with water or
due to seasonal humidity whatever but completely riuining the looks of the pens.
These were Aluminum alloy type metal caps, this metal is always prone to similar damage.
Stainless steel or brass are much safer that way.
This condtion continued for long as I was not getting time , kept feeling sorry for the pens though!
Today finally I repaired the caps. I used as many parts of the caps I could and clad the cap tube in
black ebonite in smooth finish. I used CA finish on the ebonite [ normally I do not] to make the
ebonite look simlar to the black laquer coating of the blass barrels.
Guess the fitments look a bit rustic or spooky, but happiness is getting the pens back in use in a
new life. The revulsive looks have gone and the pens can now be used in public, at the most there
would be a few curious questions!

HERO


HUASHILAI





No comments:

Post a Comment